2020-2021 Academic Year
- October 1, 2019 -- FAFSA available at www.fafsa.gov. Use 2018 income information on your FAFSA. Certain types of financial aid are available only on a first-come, first-served basis, so do not delay in submitting the FAFSA. APSU will begin reviewing FAFSA results in February.
- October 1, 2019 -- APSU Scholarship Application opens. Some scholarships within this application have separate end dates that may close before the final March 1 deadline.
- Early February, 2020 -- Financial Aid Requirements notification sent to new students. Notifications will continue to be sent on a regular basis. Many requirements are due to random selection of verification.
- Early February, 2020 -- Award Notification sent to new and current students. Notifications will continue to be sent on a regular basis. Award information will also be available in AP OneStop. Students can begin accepting loans through AP OneStop.
- March 1, 2020 -- APSU Scholarship Application closes. Some scholarships within this application have separate end dates that may close before the final March 1 deadline.
The census date for financial aid is referred to as Pell Recalculation Date (PRD). PRD is a date for reporting enrollment, freezing financial aid offers and more. It is also an important date if you are considering changing your major.
|Fall I (Ft Campbell)||September 9, 2019|
|Fall (Clarksville)||September 9, 2019|
|Fall Part A||September 9, 2019|
|Fall II (Ft Campbell)||November 6, 2019|
|Fall Part B||November 6, 2019|
|Spring I (Ft Campbell)||February 4, 2020|
|Spring (Clarksville)||February 4, 2020|
|Spring Part A||February 4, 2020|
|Spring II (Ft Campbell)||March 31, 2020|
|Spring Part B||March 31, 2020|
Students in violation of satisfactory academic progress standards who want to be considered for financial aid eligibility must submit documentation by certain deadlines, as indicated below. Review the satisfactory academic progress guidelines for more information. Appeals submitted after the final deadline may not be considered until the next semester.
Appeal Submission Deadlines:
|Fall Clarksville Campus and Fall I Fort Campbell||August 1st|
|Fall II Fort Campbell||October 10th|
|Spring Clarksville Campus and Spring I Ft. Campbell||January 3rd|
|Spring II Fort Campbell||February 27th|
Appeal Committee Meeting Dates
Once appeals are received, they may be forwarded to the Satisfactory Academic Progress committee. The committee meets on the following dates:
- February 20, 27
- March 5, 19, 31
- April 16
- May 8, 13, 22, 27, 29
- June 5, 12, 22
- July 1, 10, 30
- August 17, 21, 25
- September 4, 24
- October 15, 20
- November 3, 19
- December 11, 23
As the start of a term nears, students may experience situations where their financial aid awards have not been awarded. Students experiencing this issue may be waiting for verification review to be completed or may be late applicants. Students in these scenarios may qualify for a fee deferment. Online fee deferments are only open for certain periods, as indicated below.
Students who are granted a book voucher for a semester have a limited time to utilize the voucher before it expires. The time frames for the vouchers are listed below.
|Semester||Earliest Book Voucher||Vouchers Expire|
|Fall I (Ft Campbell)||July 26||September 6|
|Fall (Clarksville)||July 26||September 8|
|Fall II (Ft Campbell)||September 27||November 5|
Review the checklist on the TN Promise webpage for important dates and detailed information regarding the TN Promise scholarship.
Review the checklist on the TN Reconnect webpage for important dates and detailed information regarding the TN Reconnect scholarship.
If you are considering withdrawing from all your courses, the 60% date of the semester is typically the final date a student must attend courses to avoid a billing of financial aid. However, there could be other important impacts on Financial Aid in future semesters, such as the cancellation of scholarships or grants. Review the withdrawal section of our website for further details, and ensure you have a complete understanding of each type of Financial Aid you receive before you make the decision to withdraw. Note that dates may vary for Study Abroad and other special programs, so check with Financial Aid prior to withdrawing to avoid a billing.
Note: If you are attending multiple terms, your 60% date will calculate based on the first term, and then again on the later term. For example, if you attend Fall Clarksville Campus and Fall Part B, your final census date will be the Fall Part B 60% date.
|Start Date||End Date||60% Term|
|Fall Clarksville Campus||Aug 26||Dec 13||Oct 28|
|Fall Part Term A Only||Aug 26||Oct 17||Sept 27|
|Fall Part Term B Only||Oct 23||Dec 13||Nov 20|
|Fall I Only||Aug 24||Oct 17||Sept 26|
|Fall II Only||Oct 23||Dec 13||Nov 20|
|Fall I & II||Aug 24||Dec 13||Oct 29|
|Start Date||End Date||60% Term|
|Spring Clarksville Campus||Jan 21||May 8||Mar 30|
|Spring Part Term A Only||Jan 21||Mar 10||Feb 20|
|Spring Part Term B Only||Mar 18||May 8||April 18|
|Spring I Only||Jan 18||Mar 10||Feb 19|
|Spring II Only||Mar 18||May 8||April 18|
|Spring I & II||Jan 18||May 8||Mar 28|