Go back

Installment Payment Plan

Although all charges are due and payable in full at the beginning of each term, students in good financial standing at APSU may set up the Installment Payment Plan by paying 25% of their balance due for tuition and fees, housing, and meal plan for the fall and spring semesters on the Clarksville Campus. The remaining 75% is spread out in 3 more payments throughout the term.

The Installment Payment Plan is not available for summer terms.


A student who has failed to make timely payments in a previous term may be denied the right to participate in the Installment Payment Plan in future enrollment periods. A student who is denied participation may be allowed to participate again only after completion of payment in full for 2 consecutive terms which allow the Installment Payment Plan (fall and spring).

To avoid late fees and ineligibility for the Installment Payment Plan in future terms, the student should continue to make payment by each due date. Check OneStop for the new payment amounts after drop or withdrawal. Remember, if you withdraw after the semester has begun, you are still responsible to pay the balance of tuition and fees, dorm and meals. 

After making the initial 25% payment by the fee payment deadline, the remaining 75% will be payable in three monthly installments.

  • Fall Term Payments due:
    • October 1, November 1 and December 1
  • Spring Term Payments due:
    • March 1, April 1 and May 1

** Please note that the university is not obligated to send reminder notices before the payments are due.


Participants in this plan must apply all discounts, waivers, third party sponsor payments (such as employer and pre-paid tuition programs) and financial aid, including student loans, toward payment of registration fees before a payment plan will be considered. Financial Aid and other credits received after the initial payment will be applied to the remaining balance, and future amounts due will be recomputed. No refunds can be made until all fees are paid in full.

Students will not be withdrawn from classes for failure to pay the remaining installments. However, the university will withhold grades and transcripts until payment plan is made current.

Each participant will be charged a $50.00 service fee each term to defray administrative costs. This fee is payable along with the 25% down payment on or before the registration fee payment deadline. An additional late payment charge of $25 will be assessed on each installment not paid on or before the due date. Students who make payments with checks that are returned will be charged a $30.00 return check service fee as well as any applicable late fees.


There is a Convenience Fee charged for any payment made with a credit or debit card.


If a payment is not received by the Student Account Services and Cashier's Office by the scheduled payment due date, the university will withhold all services from the students, including grades, transcripts, and future registration until the fees have been paid in full including any assessed late fees.


All existing rules and policies pertaining to returned check fees, returned debit card fees, refunds, withdrawals, dropped classes, and collection costs are applicable to the Installment Payment Plan.


Upon the receipt of a fee statement, students who desire to participate in the Installment Payment Plan should sign up for the plan through OneStop, students may pay the full amount due or the down payment by credit card, debit card or electronic check online. Payment may also be made by mail with a check or money order or at the Cashier's Office with cash, check, or money order. All credit card and debit card payments must be made online.

Additional fees for classes added after the Installment Plan are will cause the Payment Plan to recalculate and change your balance due for the any remaining payments. 

Through OneStop, you can set up parents as authorized users, allowing them to make scheduled payment(s) on the account. Students are the only individuals who can initiate changes to scheduled payments. If the parent is calling in to make a payment on the account and there is no FERPA on file, we will not be able to give balance details over the phone.

When you sign up, your initial down payment and nonrefundable $50 Installment Plan enrollment fee are due. Your down payment will be 25% of the total you owe AFTER all financial aid, scholarships and/or third party assistance awards have been credited to your account plus the $50.


In the fall, payments are due October 1, November 1, and December 1. In the spring, payments are due March 1, April 1, and May 1. If payment is not received by the due date, you will be charged a $25 late fee. If the due date falls on the weekend, your payment is due the following Monday.

You will still have a balance due under the Installment Plan. The amount you owe will be adjusted based on the date you drop classes or withdraw. Check the Academic Calendar to see the amount of fees for which you’ll be responsible if you drop or withdraw at various points in the semester. You will receive a refund only if the newly adjusted fees total less than the amount you have already paid.  
A $25 late fee and a hold will be placed on your account, preventing you from preregistering for the next term, viewing/receiving grades, or receiving transcripts/diplomas.
Payment plans are restricted to only regular 16-week academic terms (Fall & Spring) because the Summer and Fort Campbell terms are too short. The term would be over before you are done making payments on the installment plan.

How to set up the Installment Payment Plan via OneStop

  1. Log in to OneStop, click on Web Self Service, then on the Student tab.
  2. Select Student Account.
  3. Select Confirm & Pay or Enroll in a Payment Plan.
  4. Select the term.
  5. Your account balance summary and account detail for the term will be displayed. Click "Yes, I will attend during ... "
  6. Select Continue. You will be taken to our bill payment system.
  7. Select Payment Plans tab then select Enroll Now.
  8. Select the current term.
  9. Click "View full plan description" for payment plan details.
  10. Click Continue then Select Display Payment Schedule. View down payment amount you will pay now and the installment due dates and amounts.
  11. Select "No" if you do not want your next three installments to be automatically deducted from bank or credit card account. Click Continue.
  12. Enter credit card information. If you want to pay by eCheck, you must create a Payment Profile first and then wait one day before you can use this account for payment.
  13. Click "I Agree" box then click Continue.
  14. Wait for payment confirmation.

How to pay the Installment Payment Plan installments via OneStop:

  1. Log in to OneStop, click on Web Self Service, then on the Student tab.
  2. Select Student Account.
  3. Select Statements/Payments/Authorized Users.
  4. Select Continue. You will be taken to our bill payment system.
  5. Select Make a Payment.
  6. Select Pay Next Installment then Continue.
  7. Follow payment instructions and submit payment.