The mission of Distance Education at Austin
Peay State University is to empower faculty and students to effectively employ emerging technologies and research-based teaching practices to facilitate greater access to high quality and flexible higher education pathways.
To cultivate and inspire innovative teaching and learning in distance education through effective implementation of emerging technologies and research-based teaching practices.
Our Strategic Plan
Distance Education has developed a strategic plan to align our work and goals with APSU's strategic plan. The goals identified include:
- Cultivating online leadership,
- Enhancing online learner engagement and success,
- Developing flexible training pathways,
- Supporting universal design principles, and
- Supporting sustainable operating practices.
Distance Education offers a variety of services including:
- Quality Matters course review
- Closed captioning and video streaming services
- DE Support Desk for technical support
- Instructional technology management and training (D2L, Turnitin, Examity, Zoom, SmarterMeasure, and Tutor.com)
- One-on-one and group technology training
- One-on-one and group instructional design consultations
- Multimedia resources including Camtasia and SnagIt
- Online student resources and support
- Online learning compliance and regulation
- Faculty professional development
- Faculty travel stipend
- Winter Term