About the Program
The Performance Enhancement and Coaching (PEAC) concentration will allow students to develop the skills and competencies necessary for professional coaching. Coursework includes research, statistics, sports psychology, leadership, team building, performance coaching and performance enhancement. Given that there will be a variety of applied and research experience with the option of doing a thesis, PEAC is an excellent stepping stone to a doctorate in Sport Psychology or related field.
This program will develop the skills necessary for students who are pursuing careers in life, business, and sport coaching. Students will experience different types of performance enhancement techniques, including strategies to improve mental toughness and emotional intelligence. According to the International Coach Federation Global Coaching Study, "there were about 17,500 coach practitioners in North America in 2015. Coach practitioners, a designation that excludes athletic or sports coaches, reported an average annual income from coaching of about $61,900." There are many potential careers within the life coaching field including:
- Business coaching and corporate coaching
- Career coaching
- Executive coaching
- Retirement coaching
- Spiritual and Christian coaching
- Weight and body image coaching
- Work/life balance coaching
- Time management coaching
Some highlights of the program include:
- Complete the program in one year.
- GRE may be waived depending on undergraduate GPA. Contact the graduate coordinator, Dr. Tim Leszczak, for more information and to see if you qualify (firstname.lastname@example.org).