About the Program
As of fall 2021, the following changes will occurred to the MHA program:
- We are seeking CAHME accreditation (https://www.cahme.org/) starting in fall 2021 and are currently in our self-study year.
- The program length will change from 30 hours to 42 hours, which means for full-time students (those taking the max hours per semester) the program will take 18 months. Part-time enrollment will remain an option, but that could then extend the length of time to complete the program to over two years.
- We will require two in person on-campus weekend residencies that will occur in the first and last semesters (3 days each).
- We are only filling 20-25 spots for each cohort.
- Our admission criteria requires a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75, a writing sample (assessed through pre-interview questions), and an interview.
- For more information about the program, please contact Dr. Andrew Hendrickson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information about the admission criteria or to view the courses in the program, please visit the graduate bulletin.
This program will focus on building students into leaders of the healthcare sector. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, individuals in this area will “plan, direct, and coordinate the business activities of healthcare providers."
The degree has a promising future. The Bureau of Labor Statistics also states that the job outlook for "medical and health services managers is projected to grow 32 percent from 2020 to 2030, much faster than the average for all occupations. About 51,800 openings for medical and health services managers are projected each year, on average, over the decade. Many of those openings are expected to result from the need to replace workers who transfer to different occupations or exit the labor force, such as to retire."
Why you should start our program:
- Convenience: Our program is completely online allowing students to take class from anywhere.
- Diverse: Each cohort is very diverse. Students entering our program come from all backgrounds and experiences. Some will enroll immediately after completing their undergraduate degree and others will have 20+ years of experience in the field.
- Location: Clarksville, TN is located 40 miles north of Nashville, where there are multiple hospital and healthcare environments for our students to get valuable experience and work. Nashville is also home to Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) which is the nation’s largest provider of healthcare services. Their facilities include 165 hospitals and 115 surgery centers.
- Low Cost: Our tuition is very competitive. Please see tuition and fees posted through the office of the Bursar.