Mission, Vision, and Values
MPH Program Vision Statement:
APSU’s MPH program advances a vision where health disparities are eliminated and health equity is achieved for students and communities alike.
MPH Program Mission Statement:
APSU’s MPH program prepares public health professionals to improve health equity and
population health through high-impact education, community engagement, and applied
MPH Program Values:
These values guide us forward as we strive for conditions giving all people the opportunity to achieve their best health, ultimately eliminating health disparities.
- Engagement in public health service: Serving equity-seeking communities is a key value of our program, which strengthens, supports, and mobilizes various populations and stakeholders to improve health.
- Quality and high-impact educational practices: Systematic teaching and learning experiences rooted in sound pedagogical theory allow for students to not just know but also do important public health activities and programming on a population health level.
- Unwavering trust and practice of evidence-based public health: To advance public health practice, we rely on current epidemiologic, behavioral, and policy research to address disparities and assist in the art of public health decision-making.
- Inclusive excellence: Diversity, inclusion, and equity are paramount to the well-being of our students, program, and society, to guarantee an experience that affords equitable access for all to be healthy.
- Transformational and servant leadership: We seek to develop students into public health servant leaders by responding to their needs and empowering them to practice humility, authenticity, acceptance of others, and stewards devoted to societal health and well-being.
- Yielding results: We aim to assist in the building and support of a skilled and diverse public health workforce, who protect and promote the health of all people in all communities.