This College of STEM program is focused on helping high achieving students successfully transition to APSU by establishing a community connection with STEM Scholars, upper-level STEM students, and STEM faculty and staff, all while exploring a rich environment of research and leadership opportunities.
- One or more of the following:
- HS GPA of 3.75 or above
- Science Reasoning ACT score of 27 and up
- Math ACT score of 27 and up
- Must have a declared STEM major (or STEM academic interest are if you are an AS Liberal Arts major).
- Admitted to APSU
- A STEM faculty member will serve as a mentor and facilitator for the STEM Scholar program. This will be in addition to the student’s professional advisor and faculty advisor specific to their degree program. This faculty mentor will help onboard the students and facilitate all of their activities as they progress toward their degree.
- Each STEM Scholar will be assigned an upper-level STEM student mentor who will assist in their transition to college life and will help prepare them for success in their courses and student activities.
- Move in early to meet other STEM Scholars, attend workshops on developing independent study habits, social gatherings, and orientation to resources specific to STEM Scholars available on campus.
- STEM Scholars will have the opportunity to live in a residence hall with other STEM scholars.
- STEM Scholars will enroll in a STEM Scholars APSU 1000, taught by a STEM faculty member.
- Be introduced to additional faculty in STEM on a regular basis that will focus on innovative ways to discuss research opportunities available to STEM Scholars and career goals.
- Participate in annual STEM Scholars trips designed to introduce students to careers and experiences directly applicable to STEM areas and facilitate networking and connections to potential employers and graduate programs after their degree program.
- The opportunity to become a STEM Tutor or a STEM Scholar mentor as an upper-level student.