Leadership Workshop Series
If you are looking to get your personal leadership experience started with a solid foundation, or looking to build upon your already existing skills - GovsLEAD is the program for you!
Through participation in our leadership workshop series, students will:
- Explore multiple leadership theories, approaches, and models.
- Practice self-appraisal through identifying personal leadership style, skill competencies, personal vision and values.
- Explore historical perspectives, cross cultural, and global approaches to leaders and leadership.
- Increase knowledge of five emotional intelligence components: self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, social skill.
- Demonstrate skills of goal setting, communication, and networking.
- Develop the ability to connect personal leadership choices to group dynamic
All workshops are announced on the PeayLink GovsLEAD page and are open to all registered APSU students. Join the group on PeayLink to receive reminders of our workshops, be the first to know about special events, and take a look at pictures from past semesters.
Workshop topics include: Teambuilding, Networking Skills, Communication, Developing a Vision, Personality Strengths,
Buidling Credibility, Improving Accountability, Managing Involvement,
Conflict Resolution, and more.
Do you need a leadership program for your students?
GovsLEAD workshops are also available for APSU student groups! A variety of seminars and hands-on activities are available with customization to fit specific needs. We can also design a completely customized program just for your group. Contact the Coordinator of Leadership & Student Organizations to schedule your event.