Master of Public Health
Offered online, the Master of Public Health (MPH) will prepare students for work in the field of public health. The program focus will be in the area of health equity, which is reflective of major public health priorities as described by Healthy People 2030, American Public Health Association, and World Health Organization among others. Courses will foster awareness of existing inequities and disparities in students’ local communities and develop students’ skills and competencies to reduce inequities.
Throughout the program, students will engage in various experiential learning opportunities where they will be able to demonstrate public health competency attainment in real world settings. Additionally, students will be encouraged to sit for the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES®) or Certified Public Health (CPH) exam to expand their public health credentials.
Public health career settings include hospitals, clinics, schools, businesses, government, and non-profits. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the field is expected to grow 17% from 2020-2030.
- Health equity focus
- 100% online
- Applied practice experiences: If you would like to host an APSU MPH student for a hands-on project, please complete the Applied Practice Experience Opportunity Form.
- Service learning courses
- Community engagement opportunities
- Research opportunities
- Professional development opportunities
- Student honorary: Eta Sigma Gamma
- Affordable tuition
- Full- and part-time enrollment options