Military and Veteran Students
Austin Peay State University is a military-friendly school and a Yellow Ribbon Program participant that is proud to serve our military community. Active duty soldiers, veterans, and family members alike find programs at Austin Peay that fit the unique challenges of the military lifestyle. Our faculty and staff strive to support the needs our military students, helping them to succeed in an educational setting.
We offer 100% online programs, along with hybrid on-campus and online programs, so that no matter where you are in the world, you can complete your master's degree.
We also offer:
- Degree programs that can be completed in as little as one calendar year
- Flexible programs that fit into your busy schedule
- 8-week course format options for accelerated learning
- In-state tuition for active duty soldiers and family, with verification of eligibility
- Classes offered at the APSU Center @ Fort Campbell
- Military Financial Aid Counselors through the Office of Financial Aid and Veteran's Affairs
- Apply for Admissions
- Transcript Request Form (this must be requested from your undergraduate institution)
- Request required Military documents
- Army National Guard
- U.S. Marine Corp
- U.S. Military Reserves
- Copy of Enlistment Contract 4-1 or 4-2 or DD Form 2586
- Verification of Military Experience and Training (VMET)
- DD Form 214 (Member Copy 4) Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty of
Service. Must have Characterization of Service on Form.
DD Form 214 - Retired or Discharged Military. When a person attended APSU as an active duty soldier and then returns to APSU as a Veteran, he or she must submit a copy of DD Form 214 (Member Copy 4), even if an AARTS or DD 295 is on file. This may be submitted at the APSU Center at Ft. Campbell or the main campus.
- If you do not have this form: It may be obtained from Tennessee Dept. of War Records or the State Veterans Office of your home of record.
- To obtain copies of documents such as military course completion certificates, Academic Evaluation Reports (DA Form 1059), and Certificates of Separation from Service (DD Form 214), Veterans should contact the National Personnel Record Center at 314-801-0800, or online at www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/, or submit written requests to: General Services AdministrationNational Personnel Records CenterATTN: Military Personnel Records9700 Page BoulevardSt. Louis, MO 63132
Entrance Exam (click program specific test)
- Office of Veteran Affairs
- Tuition Assistance
- Army (Reserves and National Guard)
- Airforce (Reserves included)
If you have any questions about Tuition Assistance, please contact your military unit. For any questions about making payments, please contact the APSU Business Office at email@example.com or (931) 221-7671.