Students preparing for graduation should ensure the following forms and requirements have been completed:
The student has an up-to-date program of study in Degree works. (For students admitted prior to Spring 2020,the student must have submitted a Graduate Program of Study to the Office of the Registrar which has been reviewed and approved by all members of the student's Graduate Advisory Committee, department chair, academic dean, and graduate dean prior to the completion of the first semester).
The student has applied for graduation during the term prior to the one in which they plan to graduate by the deadline dates published the Office of the Registrar website.
The student has completed all required course work.
The student has completed comprehensive examinations, special projects, recitals, performances, internships, etc., if applicable.
The student has completed thesis, research project, research literacy paper, or field study report, if applicable.
- The department has submitted appropriate activity codes through Banner or (for students admitted prior to spring 2020) submitted completed Verification of Research and/or Oral/Written Exam Completion Form to the College of Graduate Studies Office to confirm completion of this requirement (if applicable).
Students may contact the Office of the Registrar with questions regarding graduation requirements.
Each semester APSU hosts Grad Gala, an event to aid students in ensuring they are prepared for the commencement ceremony in their term of graduation. Check the Academic Calendar and watch your student e-mail account for information on dates and times. On-campus students may attend the event and speak with the present offices in preparation for graduation. Students who are unable to attend may find the offices below beneficial to contact:
- The Office of the Registrar may answer questions concerning completion of degree requirements, honors, diplomas and transcripts.
- Student Account Services may answer questions related to outstanding account balances.
- The Cashier’s Window may answer questions regarding and accept payment of student graduation fee.
- The Office of Career Services may answer questions about job search assistance, transitioning from academics into the workforce, résumé writing and mock interview opportunities.
- The Office of Student Financial Aid and Veterans Education Benefits may answer questions regarding financial concerns such as loan repayment, etc.
- The Office of Enrollment Management and Academic Support may answer questions about commencement or Grad Gala.