Go back

Defer Admission

Please complete the Request to Defer Admission form to notify the ESL Institute that you wish to change (defer) your admission in the program to a future term. Forms must be signed and can be scanned by email to esl@apsu.edu.

  • You will need to submit new a financial support form with new supporting bank statements if the ones on file are dated more than 6 months in the past.
  • You will pay shipping costs of new I-20 form through eShipGlobal. See eShipGlobal payment guidelines.
  • Check program start date on your I-20 form:
    • If your deferral request is received before your program start date or less than 60 days after your program start date, your SEVIS ID will not change and you will NOT need to the pay the SEVIS I-901 fee again.
    • If your deferral request is received more than 60 days after the start of your program start date, you will be given a new SEVIS ID and you will need to the pay the SEVIS I-901 fee again.
  • You can continue to use your visa if you received one and it is not expired. You only need to apply for a new F-1 visa if your current one is expired.
  • You may not enter the U.S. earlier than 30 days before the start date on the new I-20 form.

Return to ESL Home Page