Translate this page by choosing your language below:
F-1 Visa International Students
Submit your application documents to the ESL Institute as early as possible.
Missing items will delay your application. Please use this printable checklist.
- Completed application - online application form
- Copy of passport information page with photograph
- Financial support form (ESL only)
- ESL and Undergraduate Applicants: APSU Financial Support.
- Bank statement or letter to match financial support form
- High school or college transcript
There is a USD $50 new student fee. This fee is USD $75 if applying for both ESL and undergraduate admission.*
- Can be paid online. See payment options.
* Fees are subject to change.
Submit all of the same application and items listed above (#1-5), plus:
- Transcript from current school or language program
- Copy of current I-20 form
- Copy of current I-94 form (dated within 1 week of submission)
- Copy of U.S. visa page
- Scanned copies of application items may be sent by email.
- For courier services (such as DHL or FedEx), use the
following street address:
Austin Peay State University
ESL Institute/MCR 211
681 Summer St.
Clarksville, TN 37044
- For general postal services, use the following Post Office mailing address:
APSU ESL Institute
P.O. Box 4478
Clarksville, TN 37044
Please ensure all items are complete; missing documents will delay the processing of your application and issuing of I-20 form.
- Follow instructions at your country’s U.S. embassy or consulate to apply for F-1 visa (You have your I-20 - what's next?)
- Transfer students from another US school/university/college should request their current school to transfer SEVIS record after receiving admission letter. If needed, a Transfer Verification Form is available.
- Complete the Travel and Arrival Form.
- Sign up for a registration session.
- Original I-20 form and passport with visa
- Copy of I-94 form
- Tuition and fees payment (See Tuition and Fees)
- Completed Certificate of Immunization showing:
- Proof of two MMR immunizations.
- Proof of two varicella (chickenpox) immunizations.
- Proof of immunization against Meningococcal Meningitis. (If under 22 years old and living on campus.)
- Proof of negative tuberculosis (TB) test. (Must be dated within 30 days before the first day of classes.)
- Completed and signed Health History form
- Medical and Health insurance payment or proof of adequate international student insurance. See Health Requirements.