Your I-20 Certificate and F-1 Visa
- An I-20 form will be issued to international students accepted by the English Language Institute.
- The cost to express mail the acceptance packet (including I-20 form) is included in the application cost. (* Fees are subject to change.)
- This form is important and should always be kept in a safe place. When traveling, keep it in your carry-on bag.
After I-20 Issuance
Schedule a visa interview to obtain an F-1 Visa.
- Be prepared for a long wait during busy travel months. You can check estimated wait times for visa interview appointments in different cities here: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en.html
- See your country embassy’s website for specific information and required materials to apply for a nonimmigrant student visa and to schedule your visa interview.
- A list of embassies, consulates, and diplomatic missions can be found at http://www.usembassy.gov .
Please note that your visa cannot be issued more than 120 days before the program start date listed on your I-20.
You may not enter the USA more than 30 days before the program state date.