Welcome to the Department of Music
- One-week intensive flute course with internationally renowned pedagogue/performer William Bennett (WIBB).
- Daily masterclasses with WIBB, warm ups, technique classes, recitals, and special topics classes including Body Mapping.
- Attend as a performer, participant, or auditor.
- Open to professional flutists, students, and amateurs.
- Application Deadline: May 10, 2013. Click to register.
- More information.
The Austin Peay State University Department of Music is an active and highly visible component of the Clarksville Community. Composed of approximately 180 music majors and 32 full-time and adjunct faculty, the Department of Music is the largest producer of cultural events in the Clarksville area.
Housed in a state-of-the-art facility completed in 1990, students in the department practice, rehearse, and attend classes in a comfortable environment that is conducive to their creative and intellectual development. Performances take place in the George and Sharon Mabry Concert Hall, a 600 seat concert theatre that is regarded as one of the finest acoustical environments in the Southeast. Recent technology upgrades have included a 25 seat computer lab, "smart" classrooms, a completely digitized listening lab, and a video production facility.
Alumni: Send us your news and update your contact information using our new Alumni Information Form!