About APSU Music
The mission of the Department of Music is to provide an undergraduate and graduate education that will produce skilled, knowledgeable, creative, and articulate musicians. The Department of Music seeks to fulfill its mission by providing:
- Training and experience for students preparing for careers in music performance;
- Training toward the development of critical thinking in music;
- Training and teaching experience for students seeking licensure in education to help meet the need for competent music teachers in the state and region;
- Education resources and musical experiences as part of a comprehensive Liberal Arts education;
- A rich program of artistic and cultural events in conjunction with the Center of Excellence for the Creative Arts to emphasize the importance of music in the lives of students and the community.
The APSU Department of Music is a fully-accredited member of the National Association of Schools of Music
APSU offers a diverse selection of large and chamber ensembles for vocalists and instrumentalists.
Most ensembles are open to majors and non-majors. Visit our ensembles page to learn more about how you can get involved.
The department of music faculty and staff are devoted to student success. Visit the faculty / staff directory to learn more.