This program is designed to meet the needs of musicians seeking to focus on choral conducting. Some choose this specialization simply to hone their skills as teachers and conductors while others use the program to prepare for doctoral study in choral conducting. Students will be required to do a conducting audition on campus with a student ensemble.
- Application for admission
- $45 application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended with a cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Three letters of recommendation
- Audition on instrument or voice
- Military Documents, if applicable
- Admission decision by department
- Bachelor's degree, conferred in any field, from a regionally accredited institution
What opportunities are available with this degree?
After graduation from APSU, many of our students are accepted to the doctoral programs of their choosing. Others seek careers as freelance musicians, private-studio teachers, studio session players, or seek auditions in major performing ensembles. Recent APSU alumni perform in the U.S. Marine Corps President's Own band, and have performed in some of the world's finest opera houses.
- Studio Teaching
- Recording Studio
- Theme Parks'Cruise Ships
- Church or Worship Music
- Musical Theatre
- Collegiate Teaching
- Music Industry
- Music Administration