APSU Math Problem of the Week
Our Math Problem of the Week is meant to provide students a fun and mathematically stimulating problem to solve each week with prizes given out to one of our problems solvers. Any APSU student can submit a solution. You don't need to be a math major or even enrolled in a math class; only a mathematically curious mind is required.
Fall 2021 Problems:
Problem 4 (posted 9/17, due 9/23 by 12pm)
Some important rules or guidelines:
- Any APSU student can submit a solution individually, or work can be done in a small group of 2 or 3 students.
- Solutions must be justified when appropriate to be considered correct.
- Submissions can be made in person to Dr. Brad Fox (MMCS 109) or electronically to email@example.com
- Problems will be posted each Friday afternoon with submissions due by the following Friday at 12pm. Solutions and the weekly winner will be posted once the deadline has passed.
- One correct submission (whether submitted individually or as a group) will be randomly chosen to win a prize such as gift cards, Galois Math Club t-shirts, and APSU CoSTEM swag, in addition to receiving the glory of having their success published on this webpage.
- Faculty and other non-students can submit solutions, but are not eligible for prizes.