FWS General Dress Code
Appropriate appearance is a pre-requisite to successful interaction and communication with the University and the community. University employees must project a professional image to the public. Clothing permitted in the classroom may not be suitable for an office environment. To ensure a casual but professional image, the following is expected of all student employees:
- Shorts and skirts must be at least the length of fingertips
- No holes in any clothing item
- No halter-tops, tube-tops, camisoles, spaghetti straps or mid-drifts
- Suggestive, inappropriate or offensive messages on t-shirts are not permitted
- Sandals are permitted; but no bare feet
Because personal preferences and fashion trends vary greatly, it is the supervisor's discretion to identify and address concerns not listed above on an as-needed basis.
Several departments on campus have dress requirements for safety reasons. Before beginning work, please check with your supervisor to determine if there are any specific dress code requirements for your position.