Financial Aid Calendar
- October 1, 2017 -- 2018-2019 FAFSA available at www.fafsa.gov. Use 2016 income information on your FAFSA. Certain types of financial aid are available only on a first-come, first-served basis, so do not delay in submitting the FAFSA. APSU will begin reviewing FAFSA results in March.
- October 1, 2017 -- 2018-2019 APSU Scholarship Application opens. Some scholarships within this application have separate end dates that may close before the final March 1 deadline.
- December 1, 2017 -- 2018-2019 Financial Aid Requirements notification sent to new students. Notifications will continue to be sent on a regular basis. Many requirements are due to random selection of verification.
- February 16, 2018 -- 2018-2019 Award Notification sent to new and current students. Notifications will continue to be sent on a regular basis. Award information will also be available in AP OneStop. Students can begin accepting loans through AP OneStop.
- March 1, 2018 -- 2018-2019 APSU Scholarship Application closes. Some scholarships within this application have separate end dates that may close before the final March 1 deadline.
- April 2018 -- Summer Application available online. Financial aid works differently during the Summer semesters. For more information, review our guidelines on Summer Aid.
- July 1, 2018 -- Priority deadline: 2018-2019 FAFSA filing, verification documentation submission, and acceptance of aid (if awarded) for the Fall 2018 semester. Failure to complete these steps by the priority deadline may delay receipt of your financial aid. This could result in you having to pay your tuition, fees, and other expenses without financial aid by the published purge date.
Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Dates:
Students in violation of satisfactory academic progress standards who want to be considered for financial aid eligibility must submit documentation by certain deadlines, as indicated below. Review the satisfactory academic progress guidelines for more information. Appeals submitted after the final deadline may not be considered until the next semester.
Appeal Submission Deadlines:
|Semester/Term||Priority Deadline||Final Deadline|
|Spring II Ft. Campbell||March 5th||March 14th|
|Full Summer, Summer I, Summer III||May 23rd||June 5th|
|Summer II||June 29th||July 11th|
Appeal Committee Meeting Dates
Once appeals are received, they may be forwarded to the Satisfactory Academic Progress committee. The committee meets on the following dates:
- February 15
- March 8
- April 19
- May 17
Fee Deferment Dates:
As the start of a term nears, students may experience situations where their financial aid awards have not been awarded. Students experiencing this issue may be waiting for verification review to be completed or may be late applicants. Students in these scenarios may qualify for a fee deferment. Online fee deferments are only open for certain periods, as indicated below.
|Spring II @ Ft. Campbell||Mar 05||Mar 13 @ noon||Mar 14||Mar 15 @ noon|
TN Promise Dates:
Review the checklist on the TN Promise webpage for important dates and detailed information regarding the TN Promise scholarship.
TN Reconnect Dates:
Review the checklist on the TN Reconnect webpage for important dates and detailed information regarding the TN Reconnect scholarship.