Department of Theatre & Dance
APSU’s Theatre & Dance Department fosters artists, scholars and professionals who positively impact our world. We provide a creative environment in which we educate and prepare students for the professional worlds of Theatre and Dance.
- Students progress through a rigorous training program that incorporates both practice and scholarship.
- We support student’s creative, performance, and scholarly aptitudes through exposure to diverse practical and philosophical approaches to dance and theatre studies.
- We advance critical thought processes by stressing the theoretical, pedagogical, and historical aspects of theatre and dance studies.
- We nurture and inspire excellence in student achievement.
- We cultivate equitable and expansive socially conscious, engaged industry professionals who strive to represent the changes the industry requires.
Admission is via audition and/or portfolio review and interview. Begin the application process now by setting up an audition date.
Take a look
News FeedView All News
Austin Peay State University's Corey Finley, who graduated with a bachelor's degree in acting this spring, has landed a highly sought one-year acting internship at Actors Express in Atlanta.Read More
From Thursday, Nov. 21-Sunday, Nov. 24, APSU Department of Theatre and Dance and the Center of Excellence for the Creative Arts (CECA) will present "Five Savory Dishes" - a world premiere evening of one-act plays written Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright John Patrick Shanley.Read More
Ashley has directed such hits for Atlanta's Actor's Express as "Rent," "The Rocky Horror Show," "End of the Rainbow," "Six Degrees of Separation" and "Grey Gardens."Read More