Department of Theatre & Dance
APSU’s Theatre & Dance Department fosters artists, scholars and professionals who positively impact our world. We provide a creative environment in which we educate and prepare students for the professional worlds of Theatre and Dance.
- Students progress through a rigorous training program that incorporates both practice and scholarship.
- We support student’s creative, performance, and scholarly aptitudes through exposure to diverse practical and philosophical approaches to dance and theatre studies.
- We advance critical thought processes by stressing the theoretical, pedagogical, and historical aspects of theatre and dance studies.
- We nurture and inspire excellence in student achievement.
- We cultivate equitable and expansive socially conscious, engaged industry professionals who strive to represent the changes the industry requires.
The College of Arts & Letters is excited to invite prospective students, parents, and teachers to our 2nd annual CoAL Day, February 11th, 2023, where you can experience a “day in the life” of a student in our college.
On CoAL Day you will have the opportunity to tour College of Arts & Letters facilities, learn about careers and extracurricular opportunities, meet current students, talk to admissions counselors, and participate in hands-on workshops and lectures from all departments. You’ll also get free lunch and swag! CoAL Day is a great chance to see what we do in the College of Arts & Letters.
You can learn more about our programs, departments, and majors here: Art + Design, Communication, History & Philosophy, Languages & Literature, Music, and Theatre & Dance
Experience a “day in the life” of a CoAL student.
Admission is via audition and/or portfolio review and interview. Begin the application process now by setting up an audition date.
Take a look
Learn More About Our Faculty
News FeedView All News
Senior musical theatre student Breanna Douglas will perform in the culminating staged reading of "Our Tempest," a new play by Jake Brasch, at Theaterlab in New York City on June 6, 2022.Read More
Austin Peay State University's Corey Finley, who graduated with a bachelor's degree in acting this spring, has landed a highly sought one-year acting internship at Actors Express in Atlanta.Read More
From Thursday, Nov. 21-Sunday, Nov. 24, APSU Department of Theatre and Dance and the Center of Excellence for the Creative Arts (CECA) will present "Five Savory Dishes" - a world premiere evening of one-act plays written Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright John Patrick Shanley.Read More