Austin Peay's Bachelor of Science in Nursing helps open the door to the professional and graduate worlds.
Whether you plan to seek employment post-graduation or head to graduate school, our doctoral-trained faculty in the School of Nursing will prepare you to be a leader in the healthcare industry. The baccalaureate program offers two tracks, a pre-licensure BSN and a RN-BSN completion. Each track is designed to meet the ANA Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice.
APSU School of Nursing Baccalaureate Program Outcomes
The Austin Peay State University baccalaureate nursing program will prepare students to:
- Provide care that is safe and effective
- Respond to a dynamic health care environment
- Demonstrate cultural competence in providing individual and population health care
The program at Austin Peay has been great for building my confidence and showing me that Austin Peay nurses really do make some great nurses.
I love making an impact on the health care of our community by educating future nurses.
My hands-on internship experience was more than just shadowing someone; the real work I did solidified my desire to be a nurse.
APSU School of Nursing Baccalaureate Student Learning Outcomes
The Austin Peay State University baccalaureate nursing students will be able to:
- Collaborate in safe, cost effective care using evidence-based practice to support optimal client health outcomes
- Integrate knowledge about current healthcare policy, finance, and regulatory environments
- Employ effective oral, written, and technological communication skills when interacting with colleagues, clients, and the health care system
- Demonstrate culturally competent health promotion and disease prevention interventions for individuals and populations
- Exhibit professionalism and professional values that include altruism, autonomy, human dignity, integrity, and social justice
Jessica Sheers' experience at Austin Peay helped her land a coveted internship at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center.