Program Specific Admissions Requirements
All applicants for the Graduate Nursing Program must complete and show evidence of
1. $45 application fee. (Non-refundable)
2. Official transcripts from all colleges attended (graduate and undergraduate) verifying
that a bachelor’s degree in nursing has been earned with an overall GPA of 3.0 on
a 4.0 scale.
3. Applicant Resume.
4. Applicant Goal Statement (e.g., reasons for pursuing graduate studies). The personal
goal statement should be a one-page essay. It must be written in your own words. It
should contain the following:
- Details on your decision to obtain a Master’s degree in nursing
- Description of your particular interest in and potential for contributing to the nursing
profession, specifically as a Master’s prepared nurse
- Career objectives
- Plan to be successful in the MSN program, specifically addressing your goal of full
or part-time study and the many hours required studying and in clinical.
5. Licensure Verification (proof of an unencumbered, current license to practice as
a Registered Nurse in Tennessee or the state in which the clinical assignments are
6. Military documents if applicable.
7. Successful completion of a 3 semester hour or 4 quarter hour undergraduate level
Statistics course is required.
8. Reply from Nursing Admission committee. Admission decision will be rendered from
APSU’s School of Nursing Graduate Curriculum, Admission, and Retention committee.