October 5, 2019
The Violin Fest is an enrichment event for the local and regional violin community. Violin
students of all ages (including adults) are welcome to apply and attend, though we recommend 6th grade
and older, with some music reading ability. Teachers who bring students may attend the event for
free. Violin Fest activities include violin group readings, an Alexander Technique
workshop, and a master class and recital given by the guest artist. For more information, contact Dr. Emily Hanna Crane.
The 2019 Violin Fest is pleased to have Jenny Grégoire, concertmaster of the Mobile Symphony and violin professor at the University of Alabama. The
Alexander Technique workshop will be led by ATI instructor Simone Parker.
Schedule of Events
- 8:30-9:00 Check-in
- 9:00-9:30 Violin Ensemble warm-up and reading session
- 9:30-10:30 Alexander Technique Workshop with Simone Parker
- 10:30-11:30 Violin Ensemble rehearsal
- 11:30-12:30 Lunch
- 12:30-2:00 Master class
- 2:00-2:45 Violin Ensemble dress rehearsal
- 3:00 Recital by Jenny Grégoire (Violin Ensemble finale including all Violin Fest participants)
Registration for the event is $25, which includes a T-shirt, pizza lunch, and admission to all Violin Fest activities. Please register by Sept. 28 to guarantee your T-shirt size.
Teachers are encouraged to register for this event and may participate for free if they bring at least one student. Please email Dr. Crane with your name, your participating students' names, and your t-shirt size. Teachers who would like to perform in the master class should register as a regular participant.
Directions and Parking
All Violin Fest events will take place at the Music/Mass Communication building at the corner of 8th and Marion Streets on the Main Campus of Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, TN. Parking is available on the street and in lots surrounding the building.
- APSU Campus Map: http://apsu.campusmaps.com/#UMAP_2012122772258
- Music/Mass Communication building in Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/8sPRrQHxUQk
- Information about Clarksville: https://www.apsu.edu/about-apsu/local-information
For more information please contact:
Dr. Emily Hanna Crane