General Education Student Engagement Mini-Grants
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment, the General Education Committee, and Academic Affairs invite applications for mini-grants to any APSU instructors teaching General Education courses during the Spring 2023 semester. These mini-grants are designed to support student engagement in General Education learning. These grants will provide instructors up to $250 for a student-focused project, activity, and/or event (in-person or virtual) related to General Education courses at APSU. These projects should:
- Encourage student engagement in General Education learning,
- Integrate and/or apply skills and knowledge across General Education subject areas, and
- Contribute to the overall assessment of General Education at APSU.
Applications should be submitted using the form below by February 28, 2023 and all monies should be spent by June 1, 2023. Applicants will be notified of acceptance by March 10, 2023.
Some examples of student focused projects, activities, and/or events related to General Education may include:
- A showcase event for student work in particular gen ed course(s).
- Skills or study workshops for students related to one or more gen ed courses.
- Purchase of course materials to support student learning or engagement in one or more gen ed courses
- Collaborative faculty and/or student event/activity across courses in a particular Pillar
- Collaborative event/activity for students and staff from student success/support areas (e.g. lunch workshop with students and tutors)
- Incentives for student participation in an assessment activity (such as surveys or focus groups) related to a gen ed Pillar
- Other ideas you may have to support student engagement in gen ed learning!
This form is now closed.