Patient Rights and Responsibilities
Your privacy rights include:
- the right to confidentiality of your records.
- the right to receive notice of APSU Health Services privacy practices.
- the right to inspect and copy your medical record.
- the right to request amendment of your medical record.
- the right to request restrictions on release of your medical record.
- the right to confidential communications.
Your treatment rights include:
- the right to humane care and treatment.
- the right to accurate information.
- the right to a second opinion regarding diagnosis and treatment.
- the right to know who is counseling, caring for, and treating you.
- the right to information regarding the scope and availability of services.
- the right to information regarding fees for services.
- the right to be informed of any research aspect of your care and the right to refuse.
Your responsibilities include:
- providing full information about your illness or problem.
- asking sufficient questions to ensure you have appropriate understanding of your illness
and the provider's recommended treatment.
- showing courtesy and respect to APSU Health Services personnel and to other patients.
- not lending your personal identification to others.
- canceling or rescheduling an appointment as far in advance as possible.
- not sharing medication prescribed for you with others.