Internships and co-ops provide students with experience that is needed to get a job in today's competitive job market. Many companies and organizations seek candidates who have some type of internship, co-op or related summer work experience. This helps students develop career objectives and increase their motivation to perform well in school. Experience as an intern or summer employee will help students start networking early and build relationships that can result in hiring opportunities later. Many programs at APSU offer internship courses, where you can receive credit for completing an internship. If you do not know where to get started in preparing for, finding, or understanding requirements for an internship, please schedule an Internship Search Appointment with a Career Services advisor.
- Internships.com — Find internships and employment opportunities in the largest experiential education marketplace. Search paid internships and part time jobs to help start your career.
- Intern Nashville Employer List — Visit the employers' websites directly for more information on possible internship
- Internjobs.com — Global database of internships and entry-level positions for students, recent graduates and career changers.
- Internqueen.com — Allows students access to apply for any internship they want free of charge. The site also features daily content on how to make the most of high school, college, and post-grad experiences.
- Internships in LinkedIn — Internship opportunities posted on LinkedIn
Being under the tutelage of the General Manager and the Vice President of Marketing gave me the opportunity to receive an intimate look at how a professional sports team is built. This solidified my new career choice and how to prepare for the future.
The biggest thing I learned from the experience is to not let perfect get in the way of great, and not let great get in the way of good enough. I would recommend for other APSU students to pursue internships because they really do teach you things that you can't learn in the classroom. You can only learn for yourself when you're working on projects.
My internship gave me a greater insight of daily tasks in event planning and solidified that I was choosing the right career path for myself.
My internship has taught me that success is about your attitude and work ethic. This experience was so rewarding and shaped me to become more professional and have a more positive outlook on everyday life.
My journey this semester has been a testament to my own understanding of working on a team with my supervisor as well as learning how I cope with a fast paced and thriving workplace.