Do you have questions about internships, graduate school, or your future career? Or are you unsure what your first step should be?
Come meet with one of our highly-trained advisors for support and guidance individually, in a small group of your peers, or during our drop-in advising hours. Here are some themes that can be discussed with your advisor:
- Explore skills and interests, using the Strong Interest Inventory®
- Identify values and goals and how they relate to career paths
- Learn what you can do with your major
- Get assistance with the graduate school application process
- Locate resources within your industry or area of interest
- Learn how to network in your field
- Discuss how to search for jobs and internships
- Receive feedback on your resume and cover letter
- Learn how to apply for employment opportunities using Jobs4Govs
- Develop a LinkedIn profile
- Meet one on one with a professional career advisor and develop your own personalized career action plan.
- A career advisor can help you build the research and job search skills you will need to be successful.
- Evening or phone appointments can be made for students who work full-time or have other time restrictions. Virtual appointments via Zoom can also be scheduled by any student or alumni.
Were you invited to interview for your dream internship or job opportunity? Are you asking yourself the question, “Now what?” Schedule an appointment to meet with one of our advisors to go over tips to prepare for your interview! We simulate an interview setting, ask real interview questions, and provide feedback during an hour mock interview session. The session is broken down into two parts. First, we will go through a 25-30 minute interview with tailored questions followed by a 20-30 minute coaching session that will provide you an opportunity to learn where you excel, as well as areas that you need to continue working on to develop your interviewing skills. Come in and gain the experience and confidence needed to shine at your next interview. Schedule your appointment today!
Need another set of eyes on a professional document or looking for last-minute practice for an interview? Meet with a peer advisor without an appointment during our walk-in hours at our main office or with our military-affiliated career coach at the Fort Campbell campus. For the latest walk-in advising schedule, please see the hours listed on our homepage.
Schedule An Appointment
Schedule an appointment to chat with us about your career goals.
- Via Phone or Email: Call our Main Line at (931) 221-6544 or email email@example.com. Be sure to explain what type of assistance you are seeking in order to be matched with the best career advisor for you.
- Via Jobs4Govs: Log in to your Jobs4Govs account using your Student OneStop credentials or create an alumni account. Appointments can be requested by selecting Advising Appointments in the left navigation menu of your Jobs4Govs homepage, and then click the Request New Appointment button.
- Military-Affiliated Students: Request an appointment with our military career coach here.
We are excited to help you advance in your career journey!