The on-campus Writing Center at Austin Peay State University fosters a collaborative environment where consultants and students come together to work on writing—from brainstorming, to outlining, to drafting, and revision. Regardless of the assignment, Writing Center consultants are trained to work with students at all stages of the writing process, emphasizing individual learning and accountability, and assisting students as they develop as writers. This free resource is available to all APSU students
If you would like to schedule an appointment, please call the Writing Center at (931) 221-6559. You can also go to the Writing Center in the back, right-hand part of the library. We highly encourage students to schedule a visit in person, as many people benefit more from a face-to-face session. Scheduled visits are also our highest priority.
Walk-in appointments are always welcome; however, we can never guarantee that a tutor will be available to help you. Our availability changes alongside the business of the semester, so it is always best to go ahead and schedule an appointment.
|Monday||8:00 am||-||6:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am||-||6:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am||-||6:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am||-||6:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am||-||4:00 pm|
As of January 21, we will no longer be using our email (email@example.com) to handle online papers. Instead, we will be using the TurnItIn system through D2L. To use this service, you must register for the "Writing Center Paper Submission" course in D2L. You will then have access to submit your paper to us through the course page. Instructions are attached below.
Our goal is to provide you with a response within 72 hours; however, we are busier during mid-terms and finals week. When submitting papers online, be sure to give yourself enough time to have it returned to you, to make the necessary corrections, and to submit it to your professor on time. If you have multiple papers you want to submit, please send each as a separate submission to avoid confusion.
- Offer assistance in writing all sorts of papers, regardless of subject or type of course.
- Teach writing in different styles, i.e., MLA, APA, Chicago, Turabian, ASA, etc.
- Review written papers and provide guidance for correcting errors in grammar, structure, vocabulary, formatting, documenting, and other issues that are related to academic writing.
- Recommend strategies for writing improvement and/or correction. (Note: Tutors do not
edit, or revise students’ papers.)
- Please note: The Writing Center's objective is to help students learn to write better, not guarantee an A on your paper. In order to achieve this objective, tutors will focus on two or three types of mistakes on any given visit, rather than trying to help students "fix the paper."
Click the link below for useful writing resources:
Student Referral Form for Professors
Note: This form is for professors only. To schedule an appointment with the Writing Center, please call (931) 221-6559 or stop by in the library.