It is a State of Tennessee requirement that all new full-time, first-time, readmitting and graduate students attending the university provide:
- proof of two immunizations against measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)
- proof of two immunizations against varicella (chickenpox) or documented proof from a healthcare provider of having the disease, or documented laboratory evidence of immunity to the disease. (Unless born before January 1, 1980)
- proof of a negative tuberculosis (TB) test based on a chest x-ray or skin test (this is in addition to the BCG vaccine). Must be dated within 30 days of start of classes.
- If less than 22 years old and living on campus, proof of a meningococcal vaccine (MCV4) within the past 5 years.
Learn more about immunizations
Certificate of immunization form
First time students must also complete a Health History form concerning meningococcal meningitis and hepatitis B.
All of these documents are required at the time of registration. It is strongly encouraged that the student submit these documents with the initial application whenever possible. Failure to submit this documentation may result in denial of admission or termination of student status.
To enroll in the university international student insurance policy, use this website:
International Student Insurance-APSU
International Student Insurance-APSU Athletes
There is a deadline to enroll in the university insurance plan. The typical deadlines are:
- August 30th for annual and fall enrollment
- January 30th for spring enrollment
- June 30th for summer enrollment
You may also purchase insurance on your own separately but it should provide the same coverage, including "medical evacuation and repatriation" coverage should you need to return to your country.
APSU Boyd Health Services
All students may utilize the APSU Health Services facilities for immunizations and other health care related needs.