Gamma Chi Information
These are the Gamma Chi's for the upcoming fall sorority recruitment. A Gamma Chi helps potential new members through the sorority experience. They will be attending weekly training this summer leading up to recruitment!
Top Row: Paola Santiago, Libby Smith, Haylee Baynham, Mary Grubbs, Chelsea Moore, Abby Robertson
Bottom Row: Sara Kate Lusk, Sam Espino, Campbell Moore, Piper Lyons, Brooke Bledsoe, Madison Adams, Ellie Lizar
A Gamma Chi is expected to be:
- An impartial representative of the College Panhellenic Association who understands and implements the purposes and goals of the College Panhellenic Association in membership recruitment.
- Serves as a full member of the recruitment team including pre-recruitment duties
- A crucial link in the organization and success of Recruitment.
- An enthusiastic person of the fraternal community who is able to convey this enthusiasm to PNMs.
- Supportive of the PNM through extensive person-to-person contact during the membership recruitment process.
- One who exhibits objectivity and an inclusive attitude with respect to each member group in the College Panhellenic and has the willingness to share positive information (facts) about each chapter.
- A good listener, sensitive, positive, perceptive, objective, and able to maintain confidentiality.
- A responsible, dependable, and resourceful person in obtaining information and answers to difficult questions. - Willing to contribute personal time, complete all training, and execute assigned responsibilities with enthusiasm and sincerity during the entire membership Recruitment process.
- Familiar with the NPC Unanimous Agreements and resolutions regarding membership Recruitment and the College Panhellenic rules and regulations, procedures, and Recruitment schedules.
Duties of the Gamma Chi include:
- Attends all Recruitment Counselor training sessions and completes responsibilities including pre-recruitment duties.
- Stimulates and maintains an interest in the Recruitment process and in joining a women’s fraternity.
- Keeps all information confidential regarding conversations with PNMs unless there is a need to speak of such conversations with an Executive member or Greek Advisor.
- Monitors the PNMs’ procession through the membership Recruitment process.
- Is available as much of the time as possible during Recruitment for the PNMs to address concerns and offer guidance.
- Reinforces her position as a neutral representative of the College Panhellenic by refraining from her own organization and instead promoting the entire recruitment process throughout the membership Recruitment period.
- Promotes a positive attitude toward women’s fraternities through personal behavior.
- Models the Panhellenic Creed.
- Understands the procedure for reporting possible recruitment violations and reports such concerns to the Panhellenic President (Kaleigh Katruska), Vice President of Recruitment (Aviana Parker), Vice President of Recruitment Education (Haylei Halliburton), or the Panhellenic Advisor (Lindsy Perry) immediately.
- Understands that the recruitment counselor is authorized to file recruitment violations, though it is not her primary or central responsibility.