Panhellenic Sorority Fall Recruitment Registration
The Fall 2020 Panhellenic Recruitment Registration is currently not active.
Check back later for updates and follow the Panhellenic Council on social media for announcements on when the registration link will go live.
Fall 2020 Panhellenic Sorority Recruitment Schedule*
*Please note that due to COVID-19, there may be changes to these dates and locations. Information will be updated frequently as we continue to prioritize the safety of the women in the chapters and women going through the recruitment process. If you have any questions, please reach out to the Coordinator of Fraternity & Sorority Affairs, Harriet Collins.
Your Pi Chi (Panhellenic Recruitment Counselor) is a sorority member who has been chosen to disaffiliate with her chapter and serve as a recruitment counselor to potential new members during the recruitment process. She will be your mentor and guide, answering questions before, during, and after recruitment. In addition to meeting your Pi Chi, this two-hour event includes programming on wellness and prevention, a “do and don’t” fashion show, review of the week’s events, receive information about the financial commitment of membership, a discussion of proper recruitment behavior, and a question-and-answer session.
Attire: Recruitment t-shirt, nice jeans, and comfortable shoes. Do not wear sneakers or flip-flops.
During Values Night, you will learn about each organization’s values, sisterhood and more. Chapters may show videos to demonstrate their values and sisterhood. This will be your first opportunity to speak with sisters about the chapter.
Following Values Night, you will submit your preferences in the designated location with the Panhellenic Executive Board.
Attire: Business Casual
During the party/parties you attend, you’ll learn what it means to be a sister in the respective chapter and learn more about the chapter's specific philanthropic endeavors. This will be another opportunity to speak with sisters.
Following Philanthropy Day, you will submit your preferences in the designated location with the Panhellenic Executive Board.
Attire: Cocktail/Sunday best
You may attend up to two parties. The last round of recruitment, Preference Day is a sentimental ceremony during which active members demonstrate their bonds of sisterhood and the meaning of their sorority. You will be included in the ceremony and should use this day to decide which sorority makes you feel most comfortable.
After you attend your last Preference ceremony, you will immediately sign and submit your preference card with a designated staff member. This is a personal decision that only you can make. You should not discuss your choices with anyone prior to filling out your card.
Details for the Bid Day will be communicated during the PNM Orientation and throughout the week. After you receiving your bid and participating in a Panhellenic ceremony, you’ll head to your sorority for an afternoon of fun activities! Your chapter will provide you with a bid day t-shirt.
Below are guidelines that govern Panhellenic Council recruitment process:
- All participants must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours for the current semester in order to be eligible for recruitment.
- Alcohol and illegal drugs are prohibited from use during Recruitment Week. The Panhellenic Council will dismiss from recruitment anyone found in violation and will refer all violations to the Office of Student Affairs.
- Austin Peay State University and the Panhellenic Council are not responsible for the loss, theft of, or damage to personal property of the students.
- Potential new members are encouraged to attend the maximum number of functions that she can each day of recruitment in order to maximize her chances of receiving an invitation for membership.
- Potential new members must notify the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs in writing if they choose to withdraw from recruitment.
- Potential new members have the right to not join a sorority if, in the end of the recruitment week period, that seems best to them.
- Participation in Panhellenic Council recruitment is not a guarantee that a potential new member will receive a bid to join a Panhellenic Council organization.
- All participants must register for recruitment through the official registration link. See the link at the top of this tab.
- There is a $40.00 application fee, this includes dinner Friday, heavy snacks on Saturday and Sunday and a recruitment t-shirt. Payments must be made via the application you will complete. Sorority applications will not be complete until the application fee is received. This fee is NON REFUNDABLE. Sorority application and fee must be received by Thursday, September 3, 2020, prior to the start of Orientation.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the VP of Recruitment Logistics.