Go back

Procedures for Appealing University Decisions

Any student may appeal the assessment, application, calculation, collection, or interpretation of any University fee, charge, deposit, or refund. The University has developed the following processes for filing an appeal :

Fee Adjustments for Tuition-Related University Fees/Charges, Refunds, etc.

The University's guideline explaining how to file an appeal for a fee adjustment is available online. Please read the acceptable reasons for which fee adjustments are made. If your situation meets the criteria outlined, complete the Appeal Form and submit to Student Achievement.  Supporting documentation must be sent to Studen Achievement within five (5) business days of the submission of the appeal. Student Achievement will provide a decision in writing via e-mail to the appellant's official APSU e-mail account.

Decisions of Student Achievement may be appealed in writing to the Fee Adjustment Appeals Committee which meets twice each Fall and Spring semester. The committee chairperson will provide a decision in writing via e-mail to the appellant’s official APSU e-mail account. Appeals of adverse decisions made by this committee must be in writing to the Assistant Vice President for Finance and Administration. A written decision of matters appealed to that office will be sent to the student’s official APSU e-mail account. This concludes the fee adjustment appeals process.

Deadlines for Fee Adjustment Appeals:

  • Fall Semester, Fall I FC, and Fall II FC Terms – February 15 of following year
  • Spring Semester, Spring I FC and Spring II FC Terms – October 15 of same year
  • Maymester, Summer(Full), Summer I, Summer II and Summer III FC– December 1 of same year

Appeals received after the stated deadlines will not be considered.


Applicants who are not initially admitted to Austin Peay State University, upon application, may appeal their admission decision in writing to the University Admissions and Standards Committee. The information provided on the Appeal Form, your admissions application, your academic credentials, and all other application materials will be reviewed by the committee.


Students who have been classified as out-of-state for fee payment purposes may appeal their residency classification by completing the Residency Application. The completed form and supporting documentation must be submitted to the Office of Admissions, Ellington Lobby for new students and to the Office of the Registrar, Ellington 322 for currently enrolled students. All appeals must be submitted prior to the beginning of the term for which the appeal is filed. Applications for the current term will not be accepted if the term has already begun. Students wishing to further appeal the decision of the Office of Admissions or the Office of the Registrar may do so by contacting the Office of the Registrar and requesting for the application to be reviewed by the Residency Appeals Committee.

Traffic Fines/Citations

Traffic fines and citations may be appealed through the Traffic Citation Appeals Form .

Housing and Residence Life

Residence hall and dining charges may be appealed using the Housing Appeals Form . The form must be printed, completed and submitted to the Housing Office located in Miller Hall.