Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (DEA), Chapter 35
- Complete the VA form 22-5490 (black ink only). Submit the application to the APSU Office of Veterans Affairs. OR Complete the Veterans ON-line APPlication(VONAPP) at http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/main.asp. Submit a copy of the application to the APSU Office of Veterans Affairs.
- Supporting Documents
Birth certificate or marriage license.
DD214 of the Veteran, DoD Causality of Death, or copy of the disability compensation letter.
- Upon receipt of your Certificate of Eligibility from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, provide a copy to the APSU Office of Veterans Affairs
- Complete the APSU Office of Veterans Affairs’ Online Orientation at http://www.apsu.edu/veterans-affairs/orientation.aspx. (Subsequent academic years APSU VA’s Student Responsibilities through your APOneStop)
- Must complete the Certification Request Form (CRF) once registered. (After your initial CRF you will be able to complete the CRF online. Enrollment Certification Process)
- Must obtain a Prior Credit Evaluation by an approved VA Academic Advisor
Undergraduates may have up to two terms to get the Prior Credit Evaluation completed.
Second Degree and Graduate students must submit their Prior Credit Evaluation/Program of Study by the end of their first term.
Main Campus – Ellington Building Room 135, or
Ft Campbell – Education Center, Room 137
Remember it may take the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs up to 90 to 120 days to process an initial VA claim (application).
Good luck on your educational goals.