Military Affiliated Student Transition Career Program
About 700 Austin Peay State University Military Affiliated students transition to the workforce each year. The Military Affiliated Student Transition Career Program, provides individualized support, information, resources, resume assistance, interview preparation, LinkedIn account development, and tools to all Military Affiliated Students to help prepare for the move from academia to a rewarding career. All Military affiliated students are encouraged to start the program as early as possible. The program is also available to all Alumni and staff.
Military Affiliated Career Specialist
The Military Affiliated Career Specialist can provide individualized support and guidance to help veteran and military-affiliated students begin or advance their careers by translating their military occupational specialty (MOS), skills, and experiences into civilian resume language.
Our services include:
- Up-to-date information on local, national, and remote employment opportunities, job market trends and education, and volunteer resources
- Employer referrals
- Classes and workshops on self-assessment and career exploration, resume writing, interviewing techniques, dressing for success, networking, and entrepreneurship
- Federal Resume review and critique
- Career coaching and individual career assessments
- Job fairs and other hiring events
- LinkedIn coaching and profile reviews
To schedule an appointment with a qualified Military Affiliated Career Specialist, email firstname.lastname@example.org