Go back

International Student Travel

International students who wish to travel outside the United States must follow the following guidelines when traveling. 


Signed Travel Endorsement in your I-20 

F-1 visa international students must have a valid signature in the Travel Endorsement section on page 2 of your I-20 form by a university DSO before traveling outside of the United States.


Valid Passport

You must make sure that your passport is valid up to six months after your re-entry date.


Valid Student Visa

Before leaving you must check to make sure that your student visa will still be valid upon re-entry into the U.S. If not, you will need to apply for a new visa prior to your return to the U.S. 


Important Documents to carry

These items should be in your carry-on bags (NOT in your checked luggage) when leaving and re-entering the U.S.