Mr. and Madam Governor
2019 Mr. and Madam Governor Selection Criteria
The Student Government Association (SGA) will honor one graduating male and one graduating female (in accordance with the rules and regulations of the University and SGA) for his and her outstanding service and achievement as an undergraduate student at Austin Peay State University.
- All students must meet the following criteria to be considered eligible for Mr. or Madam Governor:
- Eligible candidates must be a graduating senior in the fall 2018, spring 2019, or the summer 2019 semester.
- Eligible candidates must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Eligible candidates must be involved in extracurricular activities. Involvement is defined as being in at least one APSU social or service organization and one APSU academic or honors organization.
- Eligible candidates must have held at least one leadership or office position in a registered organization while a student at Austin Peay State University.
- For a more in depth look at the criteria, click here
Applications are due by February 26, 2019 to the Student Affairs Office. You can find a link to the application below!
A committee comprised of one faculty member, one staff member, and three senators approved by the SGA Senate will review all eligible Mr. and Madam Governor applications for selection of the successful 2019 male and female candidates.