The APSU Retirees Association (APSURA) has established a scholarship to be given annually to a dependent of a currently full-time employed faculty or staff member at Austin Peay State University. The first scholarship to an APSU student was given in 2020, to honor of the late James Clemmer. The APSURA endowment will provide scholarships to students in future years and will be a reminder of the work and devotion of retirees to the University.
- Any major
- 3.25 cumulative GPA
- 48 credit hours completed (sophomore, junior or senior)
- Undergraduate students (graduate students will not be considered)
- Dependent of a current full-time employee of APSU (dependents of part-time, temp employees and adjunct faculty will not be eligible)
- Student must be enrolled full-time
- Student must reapply and be selected annually
- A written essay which includes:
- Your reason for your chosen major and why you have chosen this field?
- Briefly explain pertinent related experiences to major (volunteer, part time work, personal service, contributions, or awards).
- Who or what has influence you or shaped your commitment to this career or major?
- How would this scholarship help you meet your future goals?
Alaina Chandler is the 2023-2024 recipient of the APSURA Scholarship. Alaina is the daughter of Marissa Chandler - Director of International Studies.
Students may find the link to the scholarship at https://www.apsu.edu/scholarships/. Prospective applicants should use APSURA as the keyword to do a search for the scholarship.
The deadline for applying is March 1st.