Why Study Performance Enhancement and Coaching
A student who is interested in life coaching and other types of self-development coaching as well as mental game coaching would thrive in the Performance Enhancement and Coaching concentration.
The Performance Enhancement and Coaching (PEAC) concentration will develop the skills
and competencies necessary for professional coaching. Coursework includes research,
statistics, sports psychology, leadership, team building, performance coaching and
performance enhancement. Given
that there will be a variety of applied and research experience with the option of doing a thesis, PEAC is an excellent stepping stone to a doctorate in Sport Psychology or related field. This program will develop the skills necessary for students who are pursuing careers in life, business, and sport coaching. Students will experience different types of performance enhancement techniques, including strategies to improve mental toughness and emotional intelligence.
The faculty who teach in this program have a research interest in sport psychology and personal development, sport psychology and leadership.
What will I Learn
- How to inspire others in a variety of settings.
- How to develop their own leadership philosophy.
- Learn what contributes to mental and emotional toughness.
- How to build confidence in others.
- How to reduce stress and anxiety.
- How to build effective teams.
- How to be more effective with communication.
- Learn strategies that facilitate focus and engagement.
- Learn different motivational strategies.
- Learn how to develop emotional intelligence in others.
- Learn effective performance enhancement techniques.