This Week at Austin Peay: Freshmen move in on Wednesday!
(Posted on Monday, Aug. 15, 2022)
Freshmen start moving in for the fall semester on Wednesday, Aug. 17, and that also signals the beginning of Govs Orientation (GO) Weekend.
GO Weekend is PACKED with activities for new and returning students. Check the GO Weekend webpage for a full list and for updates, but here’s a highlight from each day:
Wednesday, Aug. 17
- Yard Games in the Quad with Campus Ministries from 4-6 p.m. at the Governors Terrace Squad. Games from corn hole to spikeball.
Thursday, Aug. 18
- Govs Island from 2-5 p.m. at Governors Terrace Quad. Bounces houses, obstacle courses and snow cones.
Friday, Aug. 19
- Glowchella from 8-11 p.m. at the intramural fields. A music festival-themed interactive dance party with glow accessories.
Saturday, Aug. 20
- Monocle Madness Carnival from 6-10 p.m. behind the library. A full carnival for students and Austin Peay employees.
Sunday, Aug. 21
- Color Run at 3 p.m. at the intramural fields. Run, jog or walk through campus but be prepared to have tons of paint thrown on you.
Freshman, employee convocations
Freshman Convocation is at 3:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 19, in the Dunn Center. Parents and families are welcome to attend this ceremonial gathering to kick of their students’ Austin Peay careers. President Mike Licari is promising a re-imagined event more like a pep rally to introduce freshmen to campus life and get them excited for the start of the college experience.
Licari’s fall convocation address to faculty and staff will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday, Aug. 15, at the Mabry Concert Hall of the Music/Mass Communication Building. APSU and Middle College faculty and staff, APSU retirees, bookstore employees, and Sodexo and CMTI employees are all invited to attend and should check their email for more details.
‘Paula Kovarik: Herd’ to launch new season at The New Gallery
Kovarik also will visit Austin Peay’s Clarksville campus for a 6 p.m. artist lecture on Aug. 31 at the Art + Design building, Room 120.
She’ll have a reception and gallery talk from noon-1:30 p.m., Sept. 1, at The New Gallery in the Art + Design building.
And during Clarksville’s First Thursday Art Walk – from 5-7:30 p.m. on Sept. 1 – she’ll have an art-making demonstration at The New Gallery.
- For student events, visit peaylink.com.
- For music events, visit the APSU Music Facebook page.
- For theater and dance events, visit the APSU Theatre and Dance Facebook page.
- For athletic events, visit letsgopeay.com.
News FeedView All News
The APSU Board of Trustees voted unanimously on Friday, June 4, 2021, to name the lawn as the F. Evans Harvill Memorial Quadrangle, or Harvill Quad, in honor of the late Harvill, a 1944 and 1947 graduate of Austin Peay.Read More
When Austin Peay State University's Science on Tap returns to Strawberry Alley Ale Works on Oct. 4, two professors will examine the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe.Read More
These courses are open to community members and do not require enrollment in the University to take part. Participants must be at least 16-years-old to attend, depending on course requirements.Read More