Translate this page by choosing your language below (view disclaimer):
Intensive English Program
What does the IEP offer?
- Small classes designed to increase English proficiency quickly
- Experienced, trained instructors who specifically work with language learners
- Homework, quizzes, presentations, and exams to track progress
- Classes are not taken for credit, although grades and transcripts are provided.
Who is the IEP for?
- Students studying English on an F-1 visa
- English Language Learners who want to attend Austin Peay
- Professionals wanting to develop their English proficiency
- Students with existing, basic English skill
When and where are classes?
- Five terms are offered each year:
- Fall 1 (August-October)
- Fall 2 (October-December)
- Spring 1 (January-March)
- Spring 2 (March-May)
- Summer (June-August
- Class schedule: Calendar and Schedules
- At APSU's main campus
- Online (not eligible for F-1 applicants) Available starting Spring I 2023
How do I apply?
- F-1 Visa International Students:
Visit the F-1 ELI Admission page to find all needed documents - apply early!
- Other Visa Types and Online Students:
Submit the online application form!
How much does it cost?
- Check out the Tuition and Fees page!
- Credit card payments can be made online.
- A late fee will be charged during the late registration period. See Current Dates for registration dates!