English Language - APSU University Transfer Track (English proficiency requirement waiver)
Students who have excelled in their studies at APSU’s English Language Institute and meet program requirements may receive a language proficiency score waiver when applying as APSU.
Acceptance into University Transfer Track does not guarantee full undergraduate or graduate admission. Students still need to meet all other admission requirements.
For acceptance by the English Language Institute into the University Transfer Track, students will meet the following requirements:
- Request for waiver by week 5 of current term
- No history of academic probation while at the English Language Institute
- Minimum cumulative English Language Institute GPA of 3.5; maintaining good academic standing during time at the English Language Institute.
- Students may choose to include these items (optional):
- Application essay with a minimum score of 25 points (out of 30 points).
- Oral interview with a minimum score of 35 points (out of 40 points).
- Two recommendation statements from English Language instructors
For acceptance by APSU Undergraduate Admissions into the University, students will meet the following requirements:
- Student will submit an APSU application for admission and all required materials by published deadlines.
- If student did not apply for undergraduate admission when applying to the English Language Institute, they will complete the APSU undergraduate application and pay the application fee
For acceptance by APSU Graduate Admissions into the University, students will meet the following requirements:
- Student will submit an APSU application for admission and all graduate program required materials by published deadlines.
- If student did not apply for graduate admission when applying to the English Language Institute, they will complete the APSU graduate application and pay the application fee.
International students wishing to enroll at APSU in an undergraduate or graduate degree-seeking program must meet all APSU admissions requirements, including proof of English proficiency:
- minimum score of 61 on the TOEFL iBT test
- minimum score of 5.5 on the IELTS test
Visit APSU Office of International Student Services for more information about undergraduate and graduate admission requirements for international students.