- McCord Building Room MC 116
“I enjoy seeing students master concepts and skills, and supervising undergraduate reseach projects.”
Dr. Ridenour on what he looks forward to in his interactions with students
- B.S. Northeastern Illinois University (Earth Science)
- M.S. Northeastern Illinois University (Earth Science)
- Ph.D. Texas A&M University-College Station (Geography)
- 1990-1993 Lecturer, University of Texas @ Tyler
- 1993-1996 Assistant Professor, Texas A&M University-Kingsville
- 1996-date Professor, Austin Peay State University
Hydraulic geometry (the relationship between flow and channel shape of rivers)
- Multi-Interval Data Mining of At-A-Station Hydraulic Geometry to Quantify Temporal Stability, L. Lee, M. Lees, and G.S. Ridenour, 2019 IEEE 10th Annual Information Technology, Electronics and Mobile Communication Conference. University of British Columbia, Canada, submitted July 27, 2019.
- Stochastic Modeling of Hydraulic Geometry Using an Extremal Hypothesis, N.A. Coleman, L. Lee, and G.S. Ridenour, Proc. CMCGS 2018, 7th Annual Int. Conf. on Computational Mathematics, Computational Geometry & Statistics, ISSN 2251-1911, Singapore, Apr 9-10, 2018.
- Using Data Mining to Investigate Interaction between Channel Characteristics and Hydraulic Geometry Channel Types, L. Lee, and G.S. Ridenour, Proc. 2014 IEEE Symp. Series on Computational Intelligence, ISBN: 978-1-4799-4519, Orlando, Florida, USA, Dec 9-12, 2014, pp. 479-488.
- Interbasin consistency of hydraulic geometry and its relationships with basin morphology and hydrology. Ridenour, G.S., Water International, 26:4:569-577, 2001.
- English to metric conversion of hydraulic geometry and its significance to BASINS software. Ridenour, G.S., Physical Geography, 21:3:278-280, 2000.
- The sensitivity of fluvial point-source models to hydraulic geometry, temperature, and discharge: implications for hypoxia in large water bodies. Ridenour, G.S., Physical Geography, 19:4:301-317, 1998.
- Discriminant function analysis of compositional data: an example from hydraulic geometry. Ridenour, G.S. and J.R. Giardino, Physical Geography, 15:5:481-492, 1995.
- Logratio linear modelling of hydraulic geometry using indices of flow resistance as covariates. Ridenour, G.S. and J.R. Giardino, Geomorphology, 16:65-72, 1995.
- The statistical study of hydraulic geometry: a new direction for compositional data analysis. Ridenour, G.S. and J.R. Giardino. Mathematical Geology, 23:3:349 365, 1991.
- Evidence for selective volatilization and imperfect mixing in indochinites. Ridenour, G.S., Meteoritics, 21:3:271 281, 1986.