Currently on view
The New Gallery is Austin Peay State University's 1500 sq' white cube contemporary art gallery operated by the Department of Art+Design. The New Gallery brings in nationally and internationally recognized contemporary artists for exhibitions, lectures, workshops, class visits, and studio visits with students.
The New Gallery features 3-5 curated exhibitions and 1 juried student exhibition per
academic year. The exhibitions and all corresponding programming is free and open
to the public. Gallery hours are Monday-Friday from 9 a.m - 4 p.m. and follows the
academic calendar and inclimate weather policy. Curator-guided tours of exhibitions
are available per request.
The purpose of The New Gallery is to promote the mission and vision of Austin Peay State University by hosting engaging and thought-provoking exhibitions of artworks:
- That provide important learning opportunities for students
- That provide important teaching opportunities for faculty
- That serve to energize and maintain a high level of student engagement.
- That support the University’s commitment to collaboration, critical inquiry and cultural diversity
- That are meaningful to the University’s location, identity and mission
- That feature important artists whose work embodies the highest standards of excellence
- That celebrate community by also featuring works created by students, alumni, faculty and supporters
- That highlight the diverse disciplines practiced and taught at the University
- That promote an understanding of the arts
- Gallery Assistantships
- Curatorial Scholarships
- Summer Research Fellowship
The New Gallery acknowledges the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Yuchi, Shawnee, and Cherokee First Nations on which we are exhibiting, teaching and learning.
Program funding and operational support is provided by:
Proud Member of:
Follow us on social media for up-to-date information and changes in schedule: