How to Apply
For students to participate in TRiO Student Support Services, one or more of the following requirements must be met, based on the legislative requirements of the U.S. Department of Education
- Family income meets published federal guidelines (low income)
- Neither parent earned a four-year college degree (first generation), and
- Referral by the Office of Disability Services (disabled).
Additionally, the student must demonstrate an academic need for services and must have the potential to benefit from the services. It is possible that students will be placed on a waiting list for services, due to limited enrollment.
Complete the following steps to apply:
- Fill out our application form in Ellington 337 or download the TRiO SSS Application form. Students should complete the taxable income worksheet on the last page of the application first.
- Provide a copy of family's federal income return for the last calendar year. If no return was filed, then provide income verification from one of the following government sources: SS/SSI benefits statement, AFDC/ADC, VA benefits, Workmen's Compensation, proof of child support, unemployment benefits statement.
- Once the application is completed and reviewed, schedule a 30-minute intake appointment with the Director or designee to certify eligibility and to process the application. Data is collected and used for reporting purposes following established federal and state guidelines to protect student privacy.
- Students accepted for enrollment will sign a program contract. A 45-minute needs assessment appointment must be completed with the Academic Counselor and follow up with the Tutor Coordinator as needed.