How to Apply
For APSU students to participate in TRIO SSS, one or more of the following requirements must be met (based on the legislative requirements of the U.S. Department of Education):
- Family income meets published federal guidelines, or PELL Grant eligible/recipient,
- Neither parent has earned a four-year college degree, and/or
- Referral by the Office of Disability Services.
Additionally, the student must demonstrate an academic need for services and must have the potential to benefit from the services. It is possible that students will be placed on a waiting list for services, due to limited enrollment.
Complete the following steps to apply:
- Pick up an application form in Ellington 337 or download the TRiO SSS Application form. Complete the application and return to Ellington 337.
- Provide a copy of family's federal income return for the last calendar year.
- If no return was filed, then provide income verification from one of the following government sources: SS/SSI benefits statement, AFDC/ADC, VA benefits, Workmen's Compensation, proof of child support, unemployment benefits statement.
What to expect after applying:
- Once the application is completed and reviewed:
- Schedule a 30-minute intake appointment with the Director or Assistant Director to certify eligibility and process the application. (Data is collected and used for reporting purposes following established federal and state guidelines to protect student privacy.) Students accepted into TRIO SSS will sign a program contract.
- A 45-minute needs assessment appointment must be completed with the Academic Coach and follow up with the Assistant Director as needed.