TRiO Spotlight showcases the TRiO SSS students who have been selected as a TRiO SSS Achiever or TRiO SSS Star.
A TRiO SSS Achiever is a stellar student who excels at academics (maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.0 or greater), active in the APSU community, an active TRiO SSS participant, and pursues academic interest such as research, mentoring and tutoring. Below are the students who have been selected to represent TRiO SSS as a TRiO SSS Achiever.
- Cheryl Berado Spring 2007
- Joy Pigott Spring 2008
- Deanna Carter Spring 2011
- Alex (AJ) Hall Fall 2011
- Kristina Stonerock Spring 2012
- Dan (Stella Claire) Pak Fall 2012 & Spring 2013
- Rebecca Nanney Spring 2014
- Gladyn Minzey Spring 2014
- Kemble Bray, Jr. Spring 2015
- Te'Lyshia Peaks Spring 2015
- Brittany Wyatt Fall 2015
- Tikehe Peoples Spring 2016
- Jennifer Freeland Spring 2016
- Margarita "Candy" Niesen Fall 2016
A TRiO SSS Star is an excellent student who excels at academics (maintaining a minimum GPA of 2.5 or greater), an active TRiO SSS participant, and has overcome personal obstacles/barriers demonstrating perseverance in personal and academic life. Below are the students who have been selected to represent TRiO SSS as a TRiO SSS Star.
- Patricia McKinney-Dooge Spring 2014
- Yoon Pak Spring 2015
- Jason Coppedge Spring 2015
- Kimberly Rader Fall 2015
- LaVonne Weddington Fall 2016