Welcome to Health and Human Performance
The faculty and staff in the Department of Health and Human Performance at Austin Peay State University welcome you to this Web site. We are pleased that you have chosen to familiarize yourself with the diverse program offerings at the undergraduate and/or graduate level.
- Undergraduate programs available are concentrations in Applied Exercise Science, Communication Science and Disorders, Health Care Management, Human Movement, K-12 Teaching, and Public Health.
- Graduate students may select from two degrees: Master of Healthcare Administration (online) or Master of Science in Health and Human Performance. The Master of Science in Health and Human Performance offers three concentrations: Performance Enhancement and Coaching, Public Health Education (online) and Sport and Wellness Leadership. We also offer a graduate certificate: Executive Certificate in Healthcare Administration. For more information about our graduate program, please contact Dr. Tim Leszczak at 931-221-6112 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
HHP Mission Statement
The Health and Human Performance faculty are committed to contributing to their students’ intellectual, economic, social, physical, and cultural development for success in employment, future studies, citizenship, and life in general. This mission will be accomplished by:
- offering HHP courses designed to promote critical thinking, academic honesty, creativity, leadership, as well as excellent writing and communication skills;
- promoting diversity, appreciation of all cultures, and respect for all persons;
- fostering a positive learning environment;
- expanding multiple delivery systems;
- continually improving courses and programs, conducting research, and providing services that contribute significantly to the quality of life, learning, and workforce development needs of the community.
HHP Department Vision
The vision of the Department of Health and Human Performance is to promote a learning environment with students as they pursue knowledge, skills, and values in health and movement science for life and work in a global society.
We are pleased that you are considering Austin Peay State University and the Department of Health and Human Performance. If you would like to have additional information, please feel free to contact the department.
Dr. Marcy Maurer
Professor and Chair
Department of Health & Human Performance