Space Allocation Committee Charge and Procedures
All university buildings and land belong to the University as a whole and are subject to assignment and reassignment to meet the institution's overall priorities and needs. The Space Allocation Committee is charged with the responsibility and authority for reviewing and recommending all individual space requests, campus-wide space plans, and new space planning to the President.
Recommendations to the President are made after careful review of all relevant factors including: adherence to the master plan, compatibility with existing use of space, university strategic priority and cost, space utilization report, legal, environmental and external mandates. Requests regarding the allocation of academic space are to be directed to the Provost.
Representatives from the following departments will serve on the Space Allocation Committee:
- Vice President for Finance and Administration (Chair)
- Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- Vice President for Legal Affairs and Organizational Strategy
- Vice President for University Advancement
- Director of University Facilities
- Faculty Senate President
- Two faculty members (assigned by Faculty Senate President)
- Staff Senate President
- SGA President or designee
- Director of Capital Planning, Design & Construction (ex officio)
A current list of the committee members can be found here.
The committee follows the following office space standards per the Campus Master Plan:
|Faculty req Studio Office||220|
Making a space request
Requests for new or vacated space, change in capacity or function of space or change in existing space must be submitted to the Space Allocation Committee on the "Space Request Form", which must be submitted by the appropriate department head. The Dean/Director and the appropriate Vice President must sign off on the form, as well, before it goes to the Space Allocation Committee.