Why Study Higher Education Administration
The EdD in Educational Leadership is offered online other than statistics, which is hybrid and can be attended on-campus or remotely. This degree prepares individuals to draw on educational theory and research and the expertise of colleagues and faculty to address the pressing problems of practice facing educational leaders today.
APSU’s EdD faculty bring their leadership experience and their knowledge of supporting applied dissertation students to the courses. Higher education administration concentration area courses are taught by experts in their field.
Students who want to enhance their intellectual understanding of leadership theory and policy, deepen their leadership capacity, and position themselves for elevated organizational responsibility will benefit from our program. With an EdD, you may work as a university president/vice president and provost/vice provost, professor, college dean, college department chair, program coordinator, university director, leader of a non-profit organization, and leader at the state level.
The APSU EdD program is a member of the Carnegie Project on the Education Doctorate and is CAEP-accredited. Our 3-year program, designed for working professionals, includes completion of a five-chapter applied dissertation study and opportunities for presentations and publications with faculty.
What will I Learn
Throughout this program, you will learn to:
- To apply relevant theoretical knowledge and frameworks to articulate an educational mission, vision, and set of core values for an institution or organization.
- To use methods of continuous improvement designed to contribute to and assess the achievement of the mission, vision, and core values of an institution or organization.
- To identify sources of and develop proposals for the appropriate fiscal, physical, and other resources to support institutional or organizational mission and vision.
- To use assessment data appropriately and within technical limitations to monitor institutional or organizational progress and improvement.
- To develop and conduct technically appropriate methods of data collection, management, analysis, and use for the purposes of research, inquiry, and evaluation.
- To analyze and identify educational policies designed to ensure that all members of an institution or organization are treated fairly, respectfully, and with an appreciation for their individual cultures and contexts, while meeting the changing expectations and opportunities for an institution or organization.